For all you avocado lovers and egg lovers, this recipe is for you. This baked avocado and egg recipe delivers the healthy fats and protein in one breakfast meal. If you have not tried avocados baked, you are in for a treat!
This is great option for those watching their carbs. I like adding smoky paprika to my dishes, but feel free to play around with the seasoning. The flavor and melting quality of monterey jack is my favorite, but for a spicy kick I would definitely do go for pepper jack cheese!
Baked Avocado and Eggs
- 1 large avocado
- 1 large egg
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Smoked paprika
- Grated monterey jack cheese or your favorite cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the seed.
- Cut just a small portion of the bottom skin part of each avocado half so the avocado will lay flat.
- Scoop a little of the avocado out with a spoon just to make room for the egg.
- Lightly sprinkle salt and pepper on each avocado half.
- Stir the egg in a small bowl and add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg divided into both avocado half.
- Sprinkle a little smoked paprika over the egg and avocado.
- Spinkle the cheese over the top.
- Bake on a baking sheet in the oven for 15 minutes or until the egg is baked and the cheese is golden brown.