This burrito bowl is a healthy and filling twist on the traditional burrito bowls, which I happen to love! What is especially great about this Baja burrito bowl is that you can pre make all of the ingredients and put them together when you are ready to eat. This dish is healthy, flavorful and filling without a lot of prep work.
I found this recipe over at Tone It Up. They offer a lot of recipes to their members only nutritional plan, but they were kind of enough to share this amazing recipe to everyone. I love quinoa in place of rice for a change. The steamed broccoli and black beans along with the cool pico de gallo and avocado are so delicious.
Baja Burrito Bowl
- 1/3 cup quinoa cooked (I like the to-color quinoa)
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans I used canned, rinsed & drained
- 1 cup broccoli steamed
- Pico de gallo
- Sliced Avocado
- Salt & pepper
- Put the warm quinoa in a bowl.
- Add the warm black beans over the quinoa.
- Add the the steamed broccoli over the beans.
- Add the desired amount of pico de gallo over the beans
- Add the sliced avocado over the pico de gallo.
- Sprinkle a little salt and pepper and squeeze the lime over the dish
Recipe Source: Tone It Up