Apple Pie Caramel Apples!!! The perfect sweet treat for the season of fall. I noticed these caramel apples appear on Pinterest a few years ago. These seem to have a connection to Disneyworld. I have never been to Disneyworld, but if I do happen to go, I will make it a point to get these delicious Apple Pie Caramel Apples while I am there. Good thing I have a recipe that is the next best thing.
I will take a caramel apple in many ways, but these gems are a true favorite of mine. Granny Smith apples, caramel, white chocolate and cinnamon sugar! These four ingredients make for an amazingly decadent caramel apple.
I highly recommend that you use a tart apple to help contrast the sweetness from the caramel and white chocolate.These Apple Pie Caramel Apples store in the refrigerator for around five days. They are also a great gift idea to wrap and give to someone.
Apple Pie Caramel Apples
- 4 to 6 Granny Smith apples 4 if they are large, 6 if they are medium in size
- 1 11 oz package of caramels caramel chips will work too
- 1 12 oz package of white chocolate chips
- cinnamon sugar 1/2 cup sugar & 1 T ground cinnamon
- Prepare a large sheet pan by laying wax paper or parchment paper on top and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Wash and scrub the apples thoroughly. It is crucial to get the wax removed from the apples. Dry the apples. Put popsicle sticks or caramel apple sticks into the top center of the apples.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the caramel according to the package directions.
- Once the caramel is melted, dip the apples into the melted caramel and throughly coat. You can take a butter knife and remove the caramel from the bottom of the apple.
- Lay the caramel apples onto the prepared sheet pan, and place in the refrigerator for an hour to allow the caramel to cool and set.
- Put the white chocolate chips on a double boiler and melt while occasionally stirring. Alternatively, you can melt the chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. If the chocolate is too thick in either method, you can add 1/2 t of shortening.
- Once the white chocolate is melted and smooth, coat the caramel apples with the chocolate.
- Immediately, sprinkle the white chocolate coated caramel apple with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Cool for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Cut into slices and enjoy!