This 5 Ingredient Soup is a perfect last minute meal. A time saving protein-packed soup that is full of healthy fiber and tons of flavor!
I love this soup just as is, but of course with tons of toppings. This soup provides a good amount of protein and fiber and flavor! However, this soup is completely flexible. You can switch up the beans, add onions and garlic, so on and so on. If you are sensitive to sodium, use low sodium broth and black beans. If you sensitive to heat, use plain diced tomatoes instead of Rotel tomatoes. You can add meat if you family prefers a soup with even more protein.The options are unlimited.
The one thing that does not change is this soup is quick to make and is a delicious and filling meal! Oh, this soup is freezer friendly too!
5 Ingredient Soup
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 15 oz can fat-free refried beans
- 1 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 10 oz can Rotel tomatoes canned diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 2 cups frozen corn no need to thaw
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese green onions, tortilla chips, sour cream, etc.
- Add the vegetable broth and refried beans in a pot over medium heat. Stir with a whisk until the refried beans are smooth and incorporated with the broth and heated through.
- Add the black beans, Rotel tomatoes, and corn, stirring occasionally. The soups is ready once it it simmering and bubbly.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.