Jump to Recipe
2 Ingredients!! Just 2 ingredients to make these moist lemon cake bars that are high in taste and low in fat!
A while back a shared a recipe for 2 Ingredient Pineapple Cake. It has always been a huge hit at our home, and it is so easy to make. These 2 Ingredient Lemon Cake Bars are just as simple to make and never disappoint.
I did sift a little powdered sugar once the bars were completely cooled. This is just for esthetics, and is not needed to enjoy these delicious and already sweet bars.
Some refer to this 2 ingredient dessert as “lemon bars”. However, you will not get that yummy lemon custard layer in the middle. Don’t get me wrong these lemon cake bars are an absolutely delicious and a tasty treat! But they will come out with a cake-like texture. Now that I cleared that up, let’s get to the simple recipe for 2 Ingredient Lemon Cake Bars.
2 Ingredient Lemon Cake Bars
- 1 16 oz box angel food cake mix
- 1 21 oz can lemon pie filling Also called lemon creme
- Optional: powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 X 13 baking dish.
- In a large bowl add the angel food cake mix & lemon pie filling.Stir stir with a spoon or spatula until fully combined, but do not over mix.
- Add the batter to the prepared baking dish. Evenly spread out the batter.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly brown around the edges & cooked in the center.
- Remove from oven & allow to completely cool for at least 1 to 2 hours.
- Optional: Once completely cooled, sift a small amount of powered sugar over the top.
- Cut into squares, & enjoy!