This Spicy Avocado Dressing has become a staple in our house. A creamy and spicy dressing filled with avocados, jalapenos, cilantro,and garlic.
I was always hesitant to make dressings with avocados because I was afraid they would turn brown. I love avocados, but I really don’t like the brown colo. I am happy to report that this dressing did not turn brown. In fact, it stored perfectly green for three days stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
We use this Spicy Avocado Dressing on salads of course, but this also serves beautifully as a dip! It is cool, refreshing, creamy, and spicy all in one!
Spicy Avocado Dressing
- 2 Avocados halved (pit & skin removed)
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 Jalapenos destemmed (seeds removed for less spice)
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 1/2 cup plain Green yogurt
- 1/2 t salt or to taste
- 1/4 t ground black pepper or to taste
- Add all of the ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- The dressing is thick. If you want a thinner dressing, add a little water or milk.
- Enjoy over your favorite salad or as a dip.