Calling all Macaroni and Cheese lovers! This is a slow cooker version that will make your life easy, in the kitchen department at least. 🙂 I love all kinds of macaroni and cheese in all types of ways, but I have been looking for a macaroni and cheese recipe that does not require precooking the macaroni and uses strictly real cheese. This recipe is it!
I experimented with several slow cooker macaroni and cheese recipes. Many required precooked macaroni. Okay fine, but I would rather find an option where I can get the slow cooker to do more of the work than me. I also wanted to use an entire 1 pound box of macaroni instead of trying to get the right amount when I ended up left with less than half of a box of unused macaroni. After some trial an error with the milk ratio and eliminating eggs for this one, this recipe is a success!
The macaroni cooks to percfection, and the CHEESE! The 5 and 1/2 cups of cheese will defintely make this a go to Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese!!!
Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 16- oz box elbow macaroni uncooked
- 1 12- oz can evaporated milk
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t ground black pepper
- 5 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker pot with nonstick spray.
- Pour the macaroni, evaporated milk, whole milk, melted butter, salt, pepper and 5 cups of the cheese in the slow cooker and stir. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours. During the last 15 minutes of cooking, layer the remaining 1/2 cup of the cheese over the top, cover and let it melt.