Hot apple cider is a treat! But Cranberry Cider is a treat on a whole new level. Now nothing will replace hot apple ciders during the cold winter season, but this Slow Cooker Cranberry Cider is our ultimate holiday drink. The slow cooker makes this warming and festive drink easy to make too!
If you are having a gathering, this drink would be easy to serve. Just ladle into the mugs straight from the slow cooker for your guests. We serve this cranberry cider every year for our Christmas party. I have prepared it on the stovetop, but the slow cooker is our favorite way to make it and keep it warm for our guests.
I like the tartness from the cranberry, so I only use 2 tablespoons brown sugar. If you want the cranberry cider on the sweeter side, just add more brown sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until it is to your liking.
Store any leftovers in the refrigerator. Just give it a stir, and ladle into a mug and heat up the cranberry cider.
Enjoy the delicious flavors of the cranberry, apple, orange and warming spices!
Slow Cooker Cranberry Cider
- 8 cups cranberry juice do not use cocktail, use the 100% juice
- 8 cups apple cider
- 2 T light brown sugar or to taste
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 T whole cloves wrapped and tied in a cheesecloth
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 orange sliced
- Optional: Rum
- Pour all of the ingredients in a large slow cooker. Cook on low for 4-5 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
- When ready to serve, ladle into individual mugs.
- I like to add fresh orange slices, cranberries and a cinnamon stick to each mug.
Optional: Add 1 oz rum, or to taste, per mug.