Corn on the Cob season is just around the corner! This Slow Cooker Corn on the Cob is great with fresh corn, but this recipe is the perfect way to bring frozen corn on the cob back to life! Tender and flavorful corn on the cob cooked in seasoned milk and butter right in the slow cooker!
If I can get my hands on fresh corn on the cob, I will. But, I ran into a situation where the store did not have it on hand. So, the freezer corn on the cob became my backup. This slow cooker method gave the bright plumpness back to the typical sad freezer corn on the cob!
The seasoned milk and butter mixture infuses the corn in the slow cooker. The red pepper flakes complement the sweetness of the corn, but if you or the kiddos are sensitive to heat, just leave it out. Once the corn on the cobs are tender, they are full of buttery flavor and ready to eat!
Slow Cooper Corn on the Cob
- 12 Frozen Mini Corn on the Cob or 5 to 6 fresh ears of corn cut in half or thirds
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 t kosher or sea salt
- 4 T salted butter
- 1/2 t ground black pepper
- 1/2 t red pepper flakes optional
- fresh parsley
- Place all of the ingredients, except the parsley, in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours for fresh (or thawed) corn or 3 hours for straight from the freezer corn. Turn the corn halfway through cooking.
- Serve with freshly chopped parsley!