Cinnamon and sugary coated almonds! These slow cooker cinnamon candied almonds are delicious!!! I have made candied nuts in the oven, but this slow cooker version is my favorite way to make candied nuts. In this case, I am using almonds, but you can certainly change the nuts or use a mixture. One way or another, these cinnamon candied treasures are the prefect sweet and crunchy delights.
Not only will these slow cooker candied almonds taste delicious, your home will be filled with the most warming cinnamon scent.
These cinnamon candied almonds would make great gift for your family, friends and neighbors for the holidays.
I love to put out a bowl of these cinnamon candied almonds in a bowl to munch on with our afternoon coffee or tea!
Slow Cooker Cinnamon Candied Almonds
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 T ground cinnamon
- 1/8 t salt
- 1 egg white
- 2 t pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups whole almonds
- 1/4 cup water
- Spray the interior of the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the granulated sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, add the egg white and vanilla. Whisk until frothy. Add the almonds and stir, thoroughly coating the almonds with the egg white mixture.
- Add the cinnamon sugar mixture to the bowl of coated almonds and stir to completely combine.
- Pour the mixture into the slow cooker. Cover and turn the slow cooker on low for 4 hours.
- Stir every 20 minutes. At the last hour, add the water and stir to thoroughly combine. This step gives the cinnamon sugar almonds their crunchy coating.
- Lay out a large sheet of parchment paper. Once the slow cooker is done, pour the cinnamon sugar almonds on to the parchment paper to cool. Be sure to separate the almonds.