Roasting cherry tomatoes is a simple yet delicious way to add an unforgettable side dish. Cherry tomatoes are full of power packed flavor. When you roast cherry tomatoes, they caramelize and give you even more flavor. These roasted cherry tomatoes add a special component to your meal, but they take minimal effort. A win win!
Keep in mind, when you cook vegetables, they cook down. So, it may look like you are using a lot of tomatoes, but they will cook down into delicious little sweet powerful flavored tomatoes. These roasted cherry tomatoes are a great addition to any protein you are serving.
Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 2 T olive oil
- salt to tast
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cover a large baking sheet with foil.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Put the sliced cherry tomatoes on the prepared baking sheet.
- Toss the cherry tomatoes with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread tomatoes in one layer. (No overlapping the tomatoes. They will steam instead of roast.)
- Place the baking sheet in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the tomatoes are caramelized.