Brussel sprouts. Some people love them. Some people, not so much. I loved brussel spouts as a kid. My Mom would make them for us, and I always thought I was getting baby cabbages. She let me think that because she was happy that at least I was eating my vegetables. Although brussel sprouts are related to cabbage, they do not grow up to become cabbage.
These roasted brussel sprouts are an easy vegetable dish to put together. Some people may not like brussel sprouts because they may have had them steamed or boiled, but trying roasting them and give them another chance.
I enjoy making these roasted brussel sprouts year round, but these are also an easy and delicious side dish for for the winter holidays.
Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- 1 lb brussel sprouts washed and dried
- 2 T olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Trim the end of the brussel sprouts but keep them in tact.
- Cut the brussel sprouts in half. If you happen to have some tiny brussel sprouts in the group, keep them whole.
- Put the prepared brussel sprouts on a large baking sheet. Toss them with the oil, garlic and salt & pepper.
- For good caramelization, put the cut brussel sprouts cut side down.
- Put in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. Toss the brussel sprouts half way through.
- Remove from oven once the brussel sprouts are tender and caramelized.