Pumpkin Pie! A classic dessert for for fall! Thanksgiving is just around the corner and this Pumpkin Pie will be making an appearance on our Thanksgiving table! If you are looking for a pumpkin pie recipe that does not come out of a can 🙂 look no further!
Speaking of canned pie mixes, they are not really that bad. I have used them before. However, once you try this Pumpkin Pie, you will taste the difference in a pre-made mix, and truly homemade. You will also be surprised on how little extra time is required to make this Pumpkin Pie.
Now, this recipe calls for a pre-made unbaked pie crust. I went the frozen deep dish pie shell route. If you want to use a homemade pie crust, go for it. Just don’t prick the the bottom so you don’t lose your custard while you bake.
This pie does not need anything extra to make it delicious, but whipped cream makes it extra special!
- 1 unbaked deep dish pie shell
- 2 cups pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs plus 1 yolk, whisked
- 2 t ground cinnamon
- 1/4 t ground nutmeg
- 1/4 t ground cloves
- 3/4 t ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk the pumpkin puree, heavy cream and half & half. Add the salt, white sugar, brown sugar, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Whisk until fully incorporated and smooth. Pour the mixture into the unbaked pie shell.
- Place the pie onto a baking sheet and place in the oven and bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Immediately, reduce the heat to 350 degrees and continue to bake for 45 to 55 minutes. The pie will be done once it has puffed up and set with little movement in the center.
- Place the pie on a cooling rack and allow to cool for 2 hours.
- Serve with whipped cream.
- Store pie in the refrigerator.