Pimento Cheese is a southern classic! Diced pimentos are combined with sharp cheddar cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise, green onions, and some seasonings that really add a hint of smoky spice! Homemade pimento cheese is too easy to make and takes 10 to 15 minutes to turn into this flavor-filled southern cheese spread!
I was in the habit of buying premade pimento cheese at the store until I discovered how easy it is to make pimento cheese at home. Pimento Cheese may not be the prettiest of cheese spreads, but it makes up for looks with its delicious flavors.
You can serve the Pimento Cheese immediately, but I do recommend allowing it to sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour to allow the flavors to blend even more.
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 oz jar diced pimentos
- 1/3 cup green onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- salt & black pepper, to taste
- Add all ingredients to a medium sized bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add additional salt & pepper if needed.
- You can serve immediately, but the mixture get better if it is allowed to set for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Store the pimento cheese in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.