These Mini Tuxedo Cupcake Bites are a treat! The bottom of the cupcake is a dense and moist chocolate cake. The top of the cupcake is the most delicious cream cheese and chocolate chip topping. Store these little beauties in the refrigerator for a nice sweet bite, or put these on a holiday tray as gifts!
When I was a kid, one of our neighbors would bring us a Christmas tray filled with homemade goodies. Chocolate chip cookies, chocolate fudge and these delicious mini chocolate cupcakes filled with cream cheese and chocolate chips. These Mini Tuxedo Cupcake Bites remind me of those delicious goodies.
The best way to eat these Mini Tuxedo Cupcake Bites are straight out of the fridge! They have such a dense and rich texture with the moist cake and the cream cheese and chocolate chips on top. They are not your traditional mini cupcakes, but they are definitely worth making and enjoying and/or giving as gifts!
Mini Tuxedo Cupcake Bites
- Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Part:
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/8 t salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 6 oz mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Chocolate Cake Part:
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 t pure vanilla extract
- 1 T white vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a mini muffin pan with paper liners and set aside.
Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Part
- In a small bowl, add the cream cheese, sugar, salt and egg. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth and fully combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. Set aside.
Chocolate Cake Part
- Sift the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Stir with a whisk to combine.
- Add the water, oil, vanilla and vinegar. Stir with a whisk to fully combine.
- Fill the bottom half of the cupcake liner half full of the chocolate cake mixture. Add the chocolate chip cream cheese mixture over the top of the chocolate cake part to fill to the top of the cupcake liner.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cream cheese is set. Remove and allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Place on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store in the refrigerator.