Everyone needs a go-to Mexican Rice recipe. This one is mine. Toasted rice cooked with tomatoes, green chilies, garlic, and vegetable broth!
I have tried my fair share of Mexican Rice recipes and they always fell flat. This Mexican Rice recipe uses one of my most favorite ingredients, Rotel tomatoes (canned diced tomatoes with diced green chilies).
This Mexican Rice is full of flavor and just the right amount of heat from the green chilies! Making the perfect bed for these Cuban-Style Black Beans and some cheese on top!
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 3/4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 10- oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies (I use Rotel Original)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 t salt or to taste
- In a saucepan, on medium, heat the olive oil. Add the rice. Stir the rice to coat. Cook and stir occasionally until the rice begins to get toasty, about 3 minutes. Add the vegetable stock, tomatoes with chilies, garlic, and salt. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer.
- Cover and cook until the liquid is absorbed, around 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir to fluff up the rice.
- Ready to serve & enjoy!