Our household loves some lemon pie. This Magnolia Lemon Pie, also known as lemon icebox pie, is off the chart delicious! A creamy and sweet lemon pie in a graham cracker crust topped with homemade whipped cream!
This pie was made famous again thanks to Joanna Gaines famously known from the television show, Fixer Upper. The lemon icebox pie has been around for years, but thanks to Joanna, this pie has a fresh new name, Magnolia Lemon Pie.
I highly recommend using freshly squeezed lemon juice. If you want to add an extra punch of lemon, feel free to add some lemon zest to the filling!
Magnolia Lemon Pie
A creamy and sweet lemon pie in a graham cracker crust topped with homemade whipped cream!
Servings: 6 -8
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs 1 sleeve graham crackers crushed in a food processor
- 2 T light brown sugar
- 6 T salted butter melted
- 2 14- oz cans sweetened condensed milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice around 4-5 lemons
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 T powdered sugar
- 1/4 t pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter in a small bowl. Stir until fully combined. Evenly press the mixture into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until light golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, add the sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, lemon juice, and salt. Mix with an electric mixer on medium for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared crust. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven to cool. Once cooled, cover the pie and place in the refrigerator to set for at least 2 hours.
- In a medium bowl, add the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Mix with an electric mixer on medium-high until fluffy and soft peaks have formed.
- Cover the cooled pie with the whipped topping and serve.
Recipe Source: Magnolia Market and Mel's Kitchen