Magnolia Bakery’s Banana Pudding is full of simple ingredients with a few easy techniques. Layers of creamy and sweet pudding, banana slices, and vanilla wafers create this rich and decadent dessert classic!
I have never had the pleasure of visiting New York City. If I do, I will definitely stop by the Magnolia Bakery that makes this banana pudding. Thankfully, they shared their recipe in The Complete Magnolia Bakery Cookbook, so we can enjoy their famous banana pudding in our homes.
This dessert is not complicated to make, and the ingredients are simple. The recipe does call for some patience since the pudding needs to set and the dessert needs a few hours to do its magic. However, the wait is worth it!
Magnolia Bakery's Banana Pudding
- 1 14- oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 1 3.4- oz. box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3 cups cold heavy cream
- 1 12- oz. box vanilla wafers
- 4 cups sliced bananas 4 to 6 bananas
- In a large bowl, add the sweetened condensed milk and water. Mix with an electric mixer on medium until fully combined (approximately 1 minute). Add the pudding mix and mix over medium for around 2 minutes. Cover the pudding mixture and refrigerate for 3-4 hours. The mixture needs to be thick and set.
- In a separate large bowl, whip the heavy cream with an electric mixture over medium high to high until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the set pudding mixture until fully combined.
- To assemble dessert, use a 4 to a 5-quart dish or trifle dish.
- Layer the bottom of the dish with 1/3 of the vanilla wafers covering the bottom. Layer 1/3 of the sliced bananas over the vanilla wafers, Layer 1/3 of the pudding/whipped cream mixture over the bananas. (Be sure to cover all of the bananas to help reduce browning.) Repeat 2 more times to make 3 layers, finishing with the pudding/whipped cream mixture on top and a few vanilla wafers & crumbs along with some banana slices for the top.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe Source: The Complete Magnolia Bakery Cookbook