Not too sweet. Not too “healthy” tasting! This Kale and Mango Smoothie is just right! Kale, mango, coconut, and a touch of ginger blended into one delicious and healthy smoothie!
I like to add the frozen mango straight from the freezer. That way you will get a thicker consistency instead of watering down the smoothie with ice. By the addition of coconut milk, the smoothie gets an extra creaminess.
As I mentioned, this smoothie is not a sweet smoothie, but the mango and coconut milk keep this smoothie from tasting like, well, a green smoothie! The fresh ginger adds a nice punch of flavor! I add the entire half inch of fresh ginger, but if you want to take the ginger punch down a notch, just use a 1/4 inch of freshly peeled ginger.
Kale & Mango Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 1/2 cup chopped fresh kale leaves washed & destemmed
- 1/4 to 1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger peeled
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 cup unsweetened plain coconut water
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender. Blend until completely smooth.
Jerry gilkerson says
Yum! That’s looks tasty!