This cheese ball is perfect for the upcoming football season. Serve it up with rest of your game day dishes, and you will have a happy crowd. I have to admit I don’t need a football game to make this cheese ball. It is simple to make and oh so delicious!
I found this recipe over at Averie Cooks. Her recipes never disappoint. This cheese ball looks so pretty and colorful, and it is even more delicious to eat. My husband and I kept going back to top our crackers with this delicious appetizer filled with cream cheese, sharp cheddar cheese, jalapeños and red bell pepper. This makes a nice size cheese ball, so it would be perfect for a party. We enjoyed this appetizer between the two of us, so it took us a few days to polish it off. As for the heat from the jalapeño, it really is not that spicy unless you leave some of the seeds in from the jalapeño.
Jalapeno and Red Pepper Cheese Ball
- 2 8- oz blocks of cream cheese room temperature
- 8- oz extra sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup finely diced jalapeno seeds removed-unless you want some spice, include some seeds
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, put in all of the ingredients except the nuts. Stir to combine.
- Using your hands or a spatula, form the mixture into a ball.
- Put the cheese ball onto a large piece of plastic wrap. Wrap the cheese ball up in the plastic wrap, and gently smooth out the ball. Put the cheese ball in the plastic wrap into a zip-top plastic bag, and put in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Just before serving, combine the walnuts and almonds. Gently roll the cheese ball over the nuts until completely covered.
- Serve with your favorite crackers!