Delmonico Potatoes are a simple and completely delicious side dish to a casual meal or even a holiday meal that is just around the corner. Hint! This cheesy and scrumptious potato dish is a perfect go to side to add to the holiday table!
Delmonico Potatoes originated from the famous New York City restaurant, named, you guessed it, Delmonico’s! Over the years different versions of Delmonico Potatoes have evolved, but this version is my favorite, and quite frankly the easiest to make!
I love the thawed hash brown potatoes are placed in the baking dish, and the magical cheese sauce is poured over the potatoes.
- 1 32- oz package frozen shredded hash brown potatoes thawed
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 t dry mustard
- 1 4/ t garlic powder
- 1 t kosher salt
- 1/4 t black pepper
- 4 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Fresh or dried parsley for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Add the potatoes to the baking dish. Set aside.
- Place a large sauce pan over medium low heat. Add the milk, cream, dry mustard, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. Add the cheese, and continue to stir until melted.
- Pour the cheese mixture over the potatoes.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour or until the edges have turned golden brown.
- Sprinkle with parsley if desired.