Edamame is a favorite ingredient in our kitchen. We love to snack on edamame in the shell steamed with some sea salt. Anytime I can add the shelled edamame in a recipe for added protein and texture, I will. This Crispy Garlic Parmesan Edamame is a favorite afternoon snack that holds me over before dinner. A delicious protein-packed snack that is delicious and healthy!
I love edamame especially because it is a complete / high-quality plant protein source. That is a huge bonus for vegetarians and vegans that rely on plant-based proteins!
The crispy texture comes from the parmesan cheese melting over the edamame and creating delicious clusters of cheesy garlic seasoned edamame beans. Yum!
Crispy Garlic Parmesan Edamame
- 2 cups edamame fresh or frozen that has been thawed
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/4 grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 t garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add the parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Pat edamame dry and pour in a medium bowl. Add the olive oil and stir to combine.
- Add the cheese mixture to the edamame and stir until the edamame is coated with cheese.
- Spread the coated edamame in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until crispy and golden.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes.