Cookies & Cream Popcorn is decadently delicious and easy to put together! Crushed Oreo cookies and white chocolate coated popcorn is the perfect match for a sweet treat!
Cookies & cream desserts are a favorite of mine. Especially, cookies & cream ice cream! When I realized how easy it is to put cookies & cream and popcorn together, it was a no-brainer!
Just air-popped popcorn, crushed Oreo cookies, vanilla Candiquik, and a little salt!
I prefer to air pop my popcorn, but you can prepare the popcorn the way you prefer. Alternatively, you can use microwave popcorn, but I would try to find the natural style and hold off on the addition of salt.
Cookies & Cream Popcorn
- 10-12 cups air popped* popcorn around 1/2 - 3/4 cup kernels
- 1 heaping cup crushed Oreo cookies
- 1 14- oz package vanilla Candiquik** you can also use almond bark or candy melts
- 1/4 t kosher salt optional
- Place wax paper or parchment paper on a large baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the prepared popcorn, crushed Oreos, and salt (if using).
- Melt the Candiquick according to the package directions.
- Pour the melted Candiquik over the popcorn mixture. Gently stir until all the popcorn is coated.
- Pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Allow the mixture to cool and harden.
- Store in an airtight container.
** Avoid using white chocolate chips. They do not melt into the smooth consistency needed in this recipe.