When I was a kid, we had a neighbor that brought us a beautiful tray of of different kinds of sweets for Christmas. Everything on the tray was made by her, and she decorated the tray with such detail. There were these cookie and candy cup sweets that always made an appearance. She was kind enough to share with my mom how she made them and how simple it really was to make.
Two ingredients! That was it! Every time I make these for gifts, they make such a happy impression every time. These little sweets are perfect when you don’t have much time, but you still want to make something from your own kitchen. If you have little ones, this is a perfect activity for them to help you out in the kitchen. It is nice to have help unwrapping the candy and pressing the candy in the baked cookie dough!
This recipe is versatile too. You can change up the cookie dough and candy. However you make it, you can’t go wrong with cookies and candy!
Cookie and Candy Cups
- 1 slice and bake chocolate chip cookie dough roll
- 1 package miniature Reese's cups
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a mini muffin pan.
- Go ahead and remove the wrappers from the candy. You will need to have the candy ready as soon as the cookie muffins are baked.
- Slice the cookie dough in 1 inch circles. Now cut each circle in fourths.
- Put the cut pieces of the cookie dough in each muffin tin.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes. They are ready to take out of the oven as soon as the tops just turn golden.
- As soon as you remove the cookie muffins from the oven, press the candy gently down into the each cookie muffin.
- Allow the cookie and candy cups to cool. Remove from the pan.