This Coconut Cream Cake is light and moist with coconut flavor throughout the cake and light and fluffy coconut on top. Cool and moist coconut cake with just the right amount of sweet!
This cake is similar to a poke cake. You poke holes through the cake so the cream of coconut can soak into the cake. Speaking of cream of coconut, it is not the same as coconut milk. Cream of Coconut is often found in the mixers area in the alcohol aisle at grocery stores.
This Coconut Cream Cake is a perfect dessert for this time of year. It has a light texture and is cool for the warmer days!
Coconut Cream Cake
Cool and moist coconut cake with just the right amount of sweet!
Servings: 8 -10
- 1 15.25- oz box White Cake Mix
- 1 15- oz can Cream of Coconut not coconut milk
- 1 9- oz container Coco Whip by So Delicious topping thawed or 8-oz Cool Whip (thawed)
- 1 14- oz package sweetened shredded coconut
- Bake cake mix according to package directions in a 13x9 baking dish.
- Once the cake has baked and is still warm, using a fork, poke holes throughout the cake. Allow the cake to cool.
- Once the cake has cooled, pour the cream of coconut all over the of the cake. Allow the cream to soak into the cake.
- Top the cake with the Coco Whip or Cool Whip. Evenly cover the cake.
- Sprinkle the shredded coconut over the whipped topping layer. Lightly press the coconut down so it will adhere better.
- Cool in the refrigerator for 2 hours before serving.