Life can be busy, but I can always find some time for peanut butter and chocolate. This Chocolate Peanut Butter Poke Cake is one delicious dessert. A moist and creamy poke cake that will satisfy all chocolate and peanut lovers in one heaping bite!
I love poke cakes because they are one of those casual desserts where it is not about the looks, but all about the delicious taste! Simple to make and does not take an afternoon to create!
I would suggest to mix up the entire box of cake mix and just use the remaining cake mixture to bake up some cupcakes or mini cupcakes. Or, you can easily double the recipe so you can use the entire box of cake mix instead of half. More chance for leftovers!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Poke Cake
- 1/2 box chocolate cake mix prepared according to package directions
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup milk
- 8 oz whipped topping thawed (i.e. Cool Whip)
- Chopped peanut butter cups and chocolate sauce optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x9 or similar size baking pan.
- Make the chocolate cake batter according to the package directions.
- Pour the chocolate cake batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes about 1/2 to 1 inch apart in the cake.
- In a large bowl add the cream cheese and peanut butter and mix until smooth. Add the sweetened condensed milk and mix until smooth. Gradually add the milk until smooth.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the cake. Set until the cake has absorbed the mixture. Some of the peanut butter mixture will stay on top of the cake.
- Freeze the cake for 30 minutes so the peanut butter topping will slightly harden.
- Evenly spread the whipped topping over the peanut butter topping.
- Chill the cake in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Slice and serve as is or topped with chopped peanut butter cups and chocolate sauce.