Chocolate and peanut butter desserts are a year round treat for me. I had a craving for a chocolate and peanut butter dessert, so I went for this tried and true Chocolate and Peanut Butter Bliss Dessert. The bliss is two-fold. First, it is filled with chocolate and peanut butter! Second, it requires no baking at all.
This time of year is filled with the flavors of pumpkin, apples and cinnamon, but there is always room for chocolate and peanut butter! This dessert is filled with Oreo cookies, mini Reese’s peanut butter cups, peanut butter cream cheese and chocolate fudge pudding. Yum! Yum! Yum!
No need to turn on your oven for this Chocolate Peanut Butter Bliss! The hardest part is waiting for the dessert to set in the refrigerator.
So during this busy holiday season and with all of the hustle and bustle, treat yourself to this Chocolate Peanut Butter Bliss!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bliss
- 20 Oreo cookies divided
- 2 T butter melted
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar divided
- 1 16 oz carton frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 15 miniature peanut butter cups chopped
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 3.9 oz box instant chocolate fudge pudding mix (not cook & serve)
- Crush 16 Oreo cookie until coarse. Add the melted butter and stir to incorporate. Press the cookie mixture into the bottom of 9x9 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and 1 cup powdered sugar until smooth. Fold in half of the whipped topping. Spread over the cookie crust layer.
- Sprinkle the chopped peanut butter cups over the peanut butter layer but reserve some to sprinkle on top.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the milk, pudding mix and remaining 1/2 powdered sugar on low for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes. Fold in the remaining whipped topping. Spread on top of the peanut butter cups layer.
- Crush the remaining Oreo cookies. Sprinkle over the top of the pudding layer with the remaining crushed cookies and chopped peanut butter cups.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 3 hours before serving.