I have noticed cauliflower being used in more ways that making “mashed potatoes” lately. I have been intrigued on how cauliflower can transform into so many different versions of a recipe. As for cauliflower rice, there is no rice in this dish. The cauliflower is just cut down into rice size pieces. So how did the cauliflower rice turn out? Absolutely, without a doubt, delicious!!!
There is something magical that happens to the cauliflower once it comes out of the oven. Only three ingredients (cauliflower, olive oil and salt), but it has the most delicate and buttery flavor!
It amazes me that you can take this cauliflower,
Put it in a food processor and pulse into little rice size pieces.
Then put it in a hot oven for 15 minutes, and get the most delicious tasting cauliflower rice!
You can also cook the cauliflower rice on the stove top, but I opted to make it in the oven for two reasons. One: I love the oven roasting method. Two: I could cook the cauliflower rice at one time on a large baking sheet.
We just ate the cauliflower rice as a side dish. But I plan on incorporating cauliflower rice in other recipes from now on. We love to eat chili over rice, and next time we have chili, I am definitely serving it over cauliflower rice for a change.
We are not going to kick rice to the curb altogether, but cauliflower rice has definitely made its place in our house.
- 1 large or 2 small head of cauliflower
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/2 t salt or to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Remove the leaves and cut the core from the cauliflower. Roughly chop the cauliflower.
- Place the cauliflower in a food processor. Cover and pulse until the cauliflower is in small rice like size pieces. (Depending on how large your food processor is, you may have to divide the cauliflower pieces and do this twice.)
- Place the cauliflower on a large baking sheet. Add the olive oil and salt to the cauliflower rice and toss to combine. (I recommend tossing with your hands.) Spread the cauliflower rice across the baking sheet to make a thin layer.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes, stirring the cauliflower every 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven end enjoy as a side dish or with your favorite dish that would normally use cooked rice.
I had to try this. One of my favorite receipies of Tabsandtidbits.
Thank you! I am so happy that you tried it and liked it!!