Blueberry Crisp is an easy dessert to put together. A syrupy and sweet blueberry mix is topped with a buttery topping filled with oats to give this dessert that crisp in Blueberry Crisp.
The blueberries are combined with sugar and cornstarch creating the most delicious syrup in this easy dessert. The golden oat topping with just a hint of cinnamon balances out this easy to make dessert!
Thanks to my parents, I have a wonderful supply of fresh blueberries! They have several blueberry bushes on their property, and they shared their abundance of blueberries with us. ❤️ Considering how expensive blueberries can get in the store, I am completely grateful for the boundless supply of these blue gems!
If you don’t have access to fresh blueberries, or if the store is charging a ridiculous price, you can certainly uses frozen blueberries.
Fresh or frozen, I highly recommend serving this Blueberry Crisp with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream!
- 4 cups fresh blueberries If using frozen, see note below
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the blueberries in a bowl. Add the cornstarch and sugar, and gently stir to coat the blueberries.
- Pour the blueberries in a 2 quart baking dish.
- Add the oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add the melted butter, and stir until the topping is fulling combined with the butter.
- Add the topping over the blueberries. It will work best to use your hands in this step to break up the topping over the blueberries.
- Place in the oven (uncovered). Bake for 35 – 40 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown and bluberries are bubbling.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream!