This Baked Spinach and Ranch Dip is full of cheesy and flavorful goodness! A warm and cheesy spinach dip with the added flavors from ranch seasoning!
When it comes to spinach dips, the more spinach the better! I amped up the spinach by using the 12-ounce bag of frozen chopped spinach versus the 8-oounce box. I find that there is more spinach and less water. You can certainly use the 8-ounce box of frozen chopped spinach without compromising the recipe.
I could not resist adding cayenne pepper in this dip. It really complements the flavors without making the dish extra spicy. Of course, you can leave out the cayenne pepper, and you will still get a flavorful dip!
Baked Spinach & Ranch Dip
- 1 12- oz bag* frozen chopped spinach thawed
- 1 8- oz package cream cheese room temperature
- 1 8- oz container sour cream
- 1 1- oz package dry ranch seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 t cayenne pepper optional
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a shallow baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Remove the excess water from the thawed spinach. (I use a clean towel and squeeze the water out of the spinach.)
- In a medium bowl, add the spinach, cream cheese, sour cream, ranch seasoning, garlic, cayenne pepper (if using), and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Stir to fully combine.
- Pour the mixture and evenly spread into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup cheese over the top.
- Place back in the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese on top has melted.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.