These Apple Cookie Snacks are a great option for a healthy snack. I love to have apples for an afternoon snack, but sometimes just an apple can get boring. These treats offer some extras that really do not require too much time to make an apple turn into a fun and delicious and still healthy treat.
If you have a steady hand and some patience, you can try to leave the apple slices in whole rounds. I have not had success with the whole rounds, so I cut the slices in half for easier handling. I think they are easier to eat that way too!
I love the healthy addition of using cacao nibs, but if you don’t keep cacao nibs on hand, dark chocolate chips are a perfect substitution for these snacks.
One apple sliced with just a few toppings make for a non-boring and still healthy snack! You can switch up the peanut butter with almond butter or any other nut butter of your choice. The nuts can be switched up as well. One way or another, these Apple Cookie Snacks make for a satisfying and healthy snack!
Apple Cookie Snacks
- 1 apple I used a Gala apple
- 2 T creamy peanut butter
- 2 T chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 T raw cacao nibs or dark chocolate chips
- 2 T unsweetened shredded coconut
- Core the apple. Slice the apple into thin slices. For easier handling, cut each slice in half.
- Spread peanut butter on each slice. Sprinkle the nuts, cacao nips (or dark chocolate chips) and coconut.
- Serve immediately.