Peanut butter pie is on the top of my favorite desserts. I make it a mission to try as many peanut butter and chocolate desserts, and the peanut butter pie with the chocolate cookie crust is always my favorite. Just about every peanut butter pie that I have made included frozen whipped topping, which I love. This pie my friends is made with heavy whipping cream!! Which I love even more!
I have been trying to find peanut butter pie recipes that included heavy whipping cream in place of the frozen whipped topping. Oh my, this one surpassed my expectations! You can freeze this pie or put it in the refrigerator. I tried this pie frozen and another refrigerated. I had to do it for research purposes! 🙂
I initially expected the refrigerator version to not be firm enough to keep a nice shaped slice, but I was wrong. The refrigerated version kept its shape and the texture was amazing! The frozen version was delicious too. So either refrigerated or frozen, you cannot go wrong. I would recommend if you like frozen peanut butter pie, to allow the pie to sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes, so it is easier to slice. Frozen or refrigerated, this peanut butter pie is truly is amazing!
Amazing Peanut Butter Pie
- Oreo Crust
- 25 Oreo cookies (original)
- 4 T butter melted
- Peanut Butter Filling
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 8- oz block cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 t pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream chilled
- Melted chocolate to drizzle on top optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, pulse all the Oreo cookies until they make fine crumbs.
- Pour the crumbs in a large bowl and add the melted butter. Stir until fully combined.
- Pour the cookie and butter mixture into a deep dish pie plate. Press the mixture on the bottom and around the sides.
- Bake in the oven for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool while you are making the filling.
Peanut Butter Filling
- In a medium bowl add the peanut butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix with an electric mixer on medium until fully combined. (Start on low so the powdered sugar does not go everywhere.)
- In a separate medium bowl, add the whipping cream. Mix with an electric mixer on medium-high until soft peaks form.
- Add the whipped cream to the bowl of peanut butter mixture. Gently fold until fully combined.
- Pour the peanut butter filling over the cooled Oreo crust. If desired, drizzle with melted chocolate.
- This pie can be refrigerated or frozen. Cover and place the pie in the refrigerator or freezer for 2 to 3 hours before serving.