It is that time of year! Pumpkin, cinnamon and all of the wonderful spices that fall delivers. This Pumpkin Cinnamon Swirl Bread delivers all of the fall flavors in one delicious bite. This sweet bread is dense and delicious like a cake, but you can have more than one slice because it it not cake. Right?
We enjoyed slices of this Pumpkin Cinnamon Swirl Bread with an afternoon coffee. I didn’t even miss my Pumpkin Spice Latte while eating my slice. That says a lot for someone who cannot get enough pumpkin spice lattes.
Whether it is breakfast, an afternoon treat or dessert, you cannot go wrong with this Pumpkin Cinnamon Swirl Bread!
Pumpkin Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 3/4 t salt
- 2 t ground cinnamon
- 1/4 t ground nutmeg
- 1/4 t ground ginger
- 1/4 t ground cloves
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filing
- Cinnamon Sugar Mixture:
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 t ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. Stir with a whisk until fully combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, oil, buttermilk, eggs and vanilla. Stir with a whisk. Now add the pumpkin puree and stir until smooth.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the large bowl. Stir with a spatula just until combined. Do not over mix.
- In a small bowl, stir the 1/3 cup granulated sugar and 2 t cinnamon.
- Pour half of the batter into the loaf pan. Smooth the top of the batter. Sprinkle the batter with the cinnamon sugar mixture, reserving 2 T to sprinkle for the top. Pour the rest of the batter over the cinnamon sugar layer. Smooth the top of the batter with a spatula. Use a knife to swirl the batter, but do not over swirl. Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 60 to 65 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in the pan for about 15 to 20 minutes. Carefully, remove the loaf from the pan and place on a cooling rack to cool to room temperature.
- Slice and enjoy!
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator.