Jalapeno and Red Pepper Cheese Ball
A mixture of cream cheese, sharp cheddar cheese, jalapeños and red bell pepper served as a delicious cheese ball.
- 2 8- oz blocks of cream cheese room temperature
- 8- oz extra sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup finely diced jalapeno seeds removed-unless you want some spice, include some seeds
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
In a large bowl, put in all of the ingredients except the nuts. Stir to combine.
Using your hands or a spatula, form the mixture into a ball.
Put the cheese ball onto a large piece of plastic wrap. Wrap the cheese ball up in the plastic wrap, and gently smooth out the ball. Put the cheese ball in the plastic wrap into a zip-top plastic bag, and put in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
Just before serving, combine the walnuts and almonds. Gently roll the cheese ball over the nuts until completely covered.
Serve with your favorite crackers!