Mexican Rice Casserole
A filling Mexican rice casserole that can be served as a main dish or side dish.
Servings: 8 -10
- 3 cups white long grain rice cooked
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup of your favorite salsa mild, medium or hot (I use medium heat)
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes drained (I use the original heat, but you can go for the mild or hot)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups grated Monterey jack cheese pepper jack cheese if you want more heat
- 2 green onions chopped white and green parts
- 2 cups grated Colby jack cheese for topping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
Put all of the ingredients in a large bowl except the Colby jack cheese and stir until combined.
Pour the rice mixture into the baking dish and smooth the top.
Layer the grated Colby jack cheese on top.
Bake in the oven, uncovered, for 50 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
Serve with tortilla chips.
Recipe adapted from: food.com