Slow Cooker Granola
Crispy granola made in the slow cooker filled with oats, crispy rice, nuts and dried fruit!
Servings: 6 1/2 cups
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal i.e. Rice Krispies
- 1 cup mixed chopped nuts I used almonds and pecans
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 t ground cinnamon
- 2 t pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 t salt or to taste
- 1/2 cup dried fruit I used blueberries, cranberries and cherries
Spray the interior of the slow cooker pot with nonstick spray.
In a large bowl, add the oats, crispy rice and nuts. Stir to combine.
In a separate medium bowl, add the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla and salt. Stir to fully combine. Pour the mixture into the large bowl with the oats. Stir completely combine. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker.
Turn the slow cooker to high and cook for 2 hours. Stirring every 30 minutes. Be sure to keep the top ajar so the steam can escape allowing the granola to get a crispy coating.
Store in an airtight container and enjoy!