Simple Spicy and Garlic Spaghetti
A quick pasta dish that pleases spicy and garlic lovers alike!
- 7 oz spaghetti
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 t red chili flakes or to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- 1/2 t freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water before draining the pasta. Place the cooked pasta into a large bowl or into the pot that you cooked the pasta.
Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Stir the pasta and slowly add the reserved pasta jut a little at a time until there is a light sauce. (You may not use all of the pasta water.)
Pour into a serving dish and top with parmesan cheese.