Baked Quinoa with Kale and Chickpeas
A protein-packed and a flavor-packed vegetarian one dish meal. Yes, the quinoa cooks in the dish too!
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa rinsed and drained
- 6 oz fresh kale stemmed and chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes cored and finely chopped
- 1 15- oz can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese divided
- 1 t kosher salt
- 1/2 t ground black pepper
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1/4 t dried oregano
- 1/2 t dried basil
- 1/4 t red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Chopped fresh parsley optional
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray an 8x8 or similar size baking dish with nonstick spray.
Add all of the ingredients, except 1/4 cup of the feta cheese & the parsley, into the baking dish. Gently stir to combine. (You can also use a large bowl to combine the ingredients and pour into the prepared baking dish.)
Cover the baking dish tightly with foil. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the quinoa is tender and the liquid has absorbed.
Remove the dish from the oven and fluff the quinoa with a fork. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of the feta cheese over the top of the quinoa. Continue to bake the casserole, uncovered, until the feta has heated through, 6 to 8 minutes.
Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.