The Spinach and Tomato Egg Muffins are a healthy protein-packed breakfast to take with you on the go!
Life can be hectic at times. Work, family, life…., the list can go on and on. Having a healthy breakfast read in the morning is one less thing to have to think about.
There are so many variations to eggs muffins. These Spinach and Tomato Muffins are one of my go-to favorites. I love the added salty feta cheese for green onions for delicate onion flavor. Finely chopping the baby spinach and roma tomatoes makes sure they soften in the oven while the eggs bake.
Spinach and Tomato Egg Muffins
- 8 egg whites
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 t salt or to taste
- 1/4 t black pepper or to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh baby spinach
- 2 Roma tomatoes deseeded & small diced
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 T crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin cups generously with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl whisk the egg whites and eggs until combined. Add the salt & pepper and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the chopped spinach, tomatoes, green onions & feta cheese. Stir until incorporated.
- Evenly distribute the spinach & tomato mixture into the bottom of each muffin cup.
- Pour the egg mixture over the spinach & tomato mixture. Distribute evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- Serve warm!