I love gnocchi (little pillowy potato dumplings)! Gnocchi can be heavy. However, when I tried roasting gnocchi, there was a whole new perspective on these little dumplings!
I have enjoyed gnocchi with a simple tomato sauce, in soup, but I never tried gnocchi roasted until recently. Wow! The gnocchi turns into a crispy dumpling with a nice tender and chewy interior! Adding the vegetables takes this dish to another level!
I use Bragg’s Organic Sprinkle and Herb Seasoning in several dishes, and this seasoning mixture is perfect! You can also used Italian seasoning in place of the Sprinkle & Herb Seasoning.
You can easily substitute the veggies to your liking. Either way, a generous serving of grated parmesan cheese over the warm Roasted Gnocchi & Veggies is a must!
Roasted Gnocchi & Veggies
- 1 lb gnocchi found in the pasta aisle or frozen foods
- 1 12- oz mixed baby bell peppers cut into 1" pieces
- 1 medium red onion cut into 1" slices
- 1- pint grape tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 t Bragg's Organic Sprinkle Herb & Spice Seasoning or 1 1/2 t Italian seasoning, or to taste
- 1/2 t kosher salt or to taste
- 1/2 t freshly ground pepper or to taste
- 2 T olive oil
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add the gnocchi, peppers, onion & garlic. Add the seasonings, salt, pepper & olive oil. Toss to combine. Evenly spread the mixture on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place in the oven for approximately 20 minutes or until the gnocchi and veggies start to brown and caramelize, stirring halfway through the cooking time.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese!