This Cookies and Cream Slab Pie is easy to make. It is the perfect dessert to feed a large group. Pie crust layered with fudge sauce, a decadent combination of cream cheese and whipped cream with crushed cookies, and a final layer of more crushed cookies!
Labor Day is next week. This Cookies and Cream Slab Pie would be a perfect dessert to include if you are grilling out or just having a small get together!
This dessert works best in a traditional jellyroll pan. A jellyroll pan is typically 10 1/2 inches by 15 1/2 inches with 1 inch high sides. If you do not have a jellyroll plan, you can substitute a similar size pan or baking dish. Just make sure the pan or dish has high enough sides. The slab pie may bee thinner or thicker based on the size pan you use, so keep that in mind. I like having a jellyroll pan on hand since I can also use it as a typical baking sheet well.
Cookies and Cream Slab Pie
- 1 14.1 oz box refrigerated pie crusts 2 pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1 16 oz jar hot fudge topping
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 t pure vanilla extract
- 16 chocolate cream filled i.e. Oreo, coarsely crushed
- 8 chocolate cream filled cookies crushed
- Heat oven to 450°F. Unroll and stack softened crusts on lightly floured surface. Using a rolling pin, roll into a 17x12-inch rectangle. Pace the crust into an ungreased jellyroll pan (15 1/2" x 101/2" x 1"). Press the crust into tyhe corners & fold crust even with edges of pan. Crimp the edges with your fingers. Prick crust several times with fork.
- Bake the crust for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, around 30 minutes. Spread hot fudge evenly over the bottom of the crust. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat the softened cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Gently fold in the 16 crushed cookies.
- Layer the cream cheese & cookie mixture evenly over the hot fudge layer.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Sprinkle the remaining 8 crushed cookies over the top of the pie.
- Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie.